The making of... Luella.
I was really undecided with what to do with this gorgeous vintage pale pink satin cami top that had the loveliest details. However, it was entirely sheer in the places you did not want them to be so I wanted to take this bedroom item into the daylight!
Using some of my pink spot tulle fabric, I created a full skirt and attached it to the hem of the top. I didn't shorten the top as I wanted it to have a bit of a dropped waist silhouette and didn't want it looking too naive.
As I was looking through my several boxes of trims, I came across an embroidered floral trim which I decided to cut around the flowers as they were so gorgeous! I pinned them into position and hand sewed them into place. It was still missing something, so I added on more flowers (naturally!).
Definitely one of my most favourite pieces to date!!